Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

This is my dad's birthday card. His birthday was Sunday, April 27th. He liked it I think. :) When my sister and I were young, we all got him a chocolate lab puppy for his birthday and when she started whining in the guest bathroom my sister and I started singing christmas carols really loud! It's a very fond memory!

OK now on to the card. :) I used stazon to stamp the image from For Father, which is out of the occassions mini catalog. I used THIS tutorial off of Julie's blog for watercoloring with Stampin' Up! markers. It really does work like a charm!

I used THIS tutorial from Gina K's blog for the wood background. Granted.. hers looks much better than mine but that just means I need to practice more. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: For Father, It's Your birthday
CS: More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, SU! watercolor paper
Ink: Stazon, white craft ink, chocolate chip, bordering blue marker, night of navy marker, creamy caramel marker, close to cocoa marker, going gray marker, sahara sand marker
Accessories: aqua painter, copper brads, punch, embossing powder
Techniques: faux wood, watercolor


Here is a close up of the coloring.



No comments: