Thursday, April 24, 2008

Green roses???


Ok I'm really not sure I've ever seen green roses but I wanted to go with the monochrome look with all green shades. I've had the idea for diaginal prints for a while and haven't put it on paper until now. I like it. I think it could use some tweaking but in general I like how it turned out.
I used wild wasabi for the cardbase. I used the wild wasabi from the print pack that is in the hostess I benefits. I really like the prints and wish they would offer more in more colors! The stamped roses are from Embrace life and the sentiment is from For Father out of the mini catalog. Both GREAT sets! Sorry that the sentiment isn't straight. I didn't use a stamp-a-ma-jig.
I stamped the flowers on whisper white in black and used a blender pen and my wild wasabi ink pad to water color it in. I kept coloring the outside petals to get them darker. I think in real life it'd be the other way around... the inside petals dark and the outside petals light.
The ribbon is wild wasabi double stitched ribbon and the layer is Creamy caramel. I think next time I would use dimensionals to pop up the oval some but this card is nice and flat and would mail easily. Also I think textured card base would be really pretty and give it some dimension.
OH yes, the ovals are cut out using my cricut but would easily be duplicated with a coluzzle.
The diaginal panals are 1 1/2 inches each, even the corner is 1 1/2 inches from the corner to the edge. As you can see the bottom piece didn't quite go all the way across but I kinda like it cut off, it wasn't my original intent. :) The creamy caramel oval is 4 inches and the white is 3 1/2 inches.
Recipe:
Stamps: Embrace life, For Father
Ink: Basic Black, wild wasabi
Paper: Wild wasabi, Wild wasabi print pack, creamy caramel
accessories: Wild wasabi double stitched ribbon
Thanks for looking! :)

No comments: