Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snow Burst Flurries

This card is a tad out of my element but I enjoyed making it!
For the main cardbase I used Blue Bayou. I cut a piece of sage shadow about 1/8" smaller on each side and stamped random snowflake stamps from Snow Burst with white craft (pigmant) ink. I took a piece of gray cardstock cut in a triangle and then chopped the two corners off leaving the top peak. I cut a piece of vellum 2 1/2 by 3 1/2. I ran both of those (the gray and vellum) through my snowflake cuttlebug folder and ran a brayer over both with white craft ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I layered it as you see, wrapped SU white organdy ribbon around both the gray and vellum. The 'Merry Christmas' is from the stamp set All-year Cheer III and it is stamped in Blue Bayou ink. I roughed the edges of the sage shadow and sponged blue bayou ink around it.
Recipe:
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Sage Shadow, Gray, Vellum
Ink: Blue Bayou, White craft
accessories: ribbon
techniques: Dry emboss, heat emboss

No comments: