Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Apples and sunshine


I just LOVE this stamp set!!! It's called "For Father" from Stampin' Up! I used my Stampin' Up! markers and an aqua painter and water colored on water color paper. I then cut out the image. The card base is River rock. I cut the blue bayou a quarter of an inch smaller than the card base and ran it through my cuttle bug with the dots background. I used my cricut for my circles but that could easily be recreated with a coluzzle or other circle cutting device. The large river rock circle is 3 1/2" and the smaller soft sky textured cardstock is 3". The image is popped up with dimensionals. I roughed up the edges of both circles and sponged with coordinating ink. River rock for the river rock card stock and blue bayou on the soft sky card stock. I used night of navy for the dots on the river rock circle and a white gel pen for the dots on the soft sky circle.


I stamped 'Your Day' from Celebrate Everything on river rock CS with Blue Bayou and punched that out with my 1" square punch. Using the square frame from the hodgepodge hardware in the occasions mini catalog I wrapped twine around the blue bayou and tied. I did use glue dots to keep it in place.


That about covers it. :)


Recipe

Stamp Sets: Celebrate everything, For Father

Cardstock: River Rock, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Watercolor paper,

Ink: So many markers!!! Stazon, blue Bayou

Accessories: Twine, hodgepod hardware, cuttlebug, cricut

2 comments:

Laura lok said...

stunning card I love this

Melissa said...

You are a watercoloring master. That's one area I need lessons in!!